Chicken Sausage Sandwich with Sweet Pepper Relish
6 pc Kaiser Roll , split
6 oz Wish-Bone Italian Dressing , Fat Free
6 each Chicken Sausage , grilled
0.75 cup Vinegar, local white , or white balsamic
0.5 cup Sugar, granulated white
1 tsp Salt
12 oz Bell pepper, red , cut into thin strips
6 oz Bell pepper,yellow , cut into thin strips
6 oz Sweet onion cut vertically into thin strips
1 tbsp Tomato paste
1. Prepare Sweet Pepper Relish: In large pan, combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in bell peppers and onion. Return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until most of liquid evaporates, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato paste; cook 5 minutes longer.
4. Remove vegetables to medium bowl; chill 1 hour.
5. Spread cut sides of 1 roll evenly with 2 Tbsp. Wish-Bone® Fat Free Italian Dressing. Place 1 sausage on roll bottom. Top with 2 oz. pepper relish; repeat to make 6 sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Notes: For a smoky flavor, stir in 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika after chilling.